PSLE Oral Workshop
Is your child fluent but still unable to score full marks for the PSLE Oral exam?
Are you worried that your child will stutter while reading and answering questions?
Get expertise advice and critiques at Our Learning Lodge to Speak Confidently.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Enrol your child for the PSLE Oral Workshop before 28th May at an early bird price of $290!
Time is running out!
- 31 May – 4 June: 1pm – 4pm (ONLINE) or
- 7 June – 11 June: 1pm – 4pm (ONLINE) or
- 14 June – 18 June: 1pm – 4pm or
- 21 June – 25 June: 9am – 12pm
What You Can Expect
Speaking Confidently does not come naturally to everyone.
Put in the most stressful situation, the first examination of PSLE, Primary Six students are tested on whether they will be articulate and witty enough to understand situations and form opinions in a short period of time.
Scoring for the PSLE Oral is the first step to acing the PSLE.
1) Techniques for stimulus-based conversation (SBC)
Structured and effective, our students are provided with three simple structures to help them navigate the conversation and keep it going for as long as they can.
- I see, I think, I wonder
I see, I think, I wonder can be used as an opening statement and it shows that your child has an inquisitive mind especially when they ask questions with curiosity and thought.
- Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?
This is a device for students to recount their personal stories with little to absolutely no hiccups. Covering all the angles and fully explaining a situation should become second nature to students by the end of this course. Furthermore, recounting a scene with vibrant expressions would also be taught, along with using the correct type of language.
- Point, Explanation, Elaboration, Link
Students often repeat their points and wander off from the topic at hand and end up not addressing the question.
With P.E.E.L, they will be taught how to follow a train of thought through and expand on their ideas instead of stating facts. Students are not tested on their general knowledge but rather on whether they are able to express their thoughts and opinions clearly.
2) The Feedback Model
Students are given consistent feedback at every opportunity.
- Students will be given an opportunity in every practice to be assessed individually for their performance on different oral reading passages based on their articulation, pacing, tone, voice projection, and fluency and will be given marks according to the PSLE Oral scores given which is out of 10.
- For PSLE oral Stimulus-based conversation, students would be evaluated individually during each practice on the ability to think on their feet and respond immediately. Students will also be introduced to various PSLE Oral topics.
3) Actual Simulation of the PSLE English Oral Examination
A final test will be concluded in an examination room with two assessors.
- Students will be required to wait for their turn, separated from the entire class, and given five minutes to prepare before they are called individually to the examination room.
- The students are required to introduce themselves before the test commences and will be asked to start with the PSLE oral reading passage.
- The simulation will be as close to the actual PSLE Oral Examination to better prepare the students and make sure they overcome all of their fears before eventually performing to the best of their ability.
Hear from our happy students!
I improved 6 marks for PSLE Oral and my grades for other subjects improved too! The skills taught to me for Science allowed me to answer the questions fluently and I was able to provide explanations for my answers. Our Learning Lodge has a different approach. They do not just hand us homework but they teach memorable techniques and strategies that you will never forget.